Someone who voted for Paul Smith enumerates the reasons he believes the man must go on his blog:
Read more here.
Paul Smith has come under fire during his brief tenure both here and in other places for his outrageous behavior at City Council meetings. During the several past months, Smith has:
Recently, however, a video of Mr. Smith’s participation at a 2009 Tea Party rally has surfaced.
- Accused City Manager Mark Vanderpool of illegally distributing material to council.
- Repeatedly accused the Police Chief, Fire Chief, City Manager and department heads of incompetence.
- Accused AMC Theaters of lying on a liquor license application and defrauding the city.
- Accused Waste Management of deceptive pricing practices.
- Accused Experi-Metal of unethically and unlawfully trying to influence council members into granting the firm a tax abatement. (Story here.)
- Accused four Council members of accepting bribes in exchange for votes on a tax abatement. (see link above)
- Used his position on council in an to attempt to bully city businesses into not applying for the tax abatements they are entitled to under the law
- Accused Chrysler and Ford of taking advantage of the city via their tax abatements
- Claimed that a local coin-op entertainment business is a gambling hall
- Insulted one of the Police Dispatchers in a public meeting by suggesting she look for a job elsewhere, thinking he was making a jokeIn my opinion, these ten items are enough to indict Mr. Smith of incompetence and failure to serve in the best interest of the residents.
Read more here.