Janice Daniels rode to a victory in November on a platform of "Transparency, Integrity, Managerial, Excellence." It all spelled "Time!"
Now let's see how that's working for Troy.
- Well, no one knows where Mayor Daniels has been for the past two weeks.
- Turns out, also, no one knows what she does for a living. She said as late as AFTER the election that she was a real estate agent. Then on Dec. 5th she claimed she had been hurt by her scandal, and had been forced to put her real estate license into escrow. Then later she claimed that she did that voluntarily and that she was great pals with her boss at her real estate office who never would have fired her.
- However in yesterday's Troy Times, her "boss" claimed she "was not fired" and "She was part time, I've barely even met her. She didn't have a desk." and "She hasn't had any real estate transactions for a very long time." I had long wondered how she was going to knock on doors all day on Saturdays if she was supposedly a realtor -- aren't they pretty busy on Saturdays?
- Looks like she has been lying all along.
- I have information that she works in a mortgage office in Troy, but I won't give out the name of the office, so they don't get harassed. She says that she is a "mortgage financing specialist" now, but I heard she is an office manager.
- How funny! We can't even find out the truth of what our transparent mayor does for a living.
Ahhh, let me count the ways she is letting Troy down on this one. But I'll make it simple. Ms. Daniels lied about her employment situation, one way or another, and she continues to mistake clinging to archaic dangerous ideals for integrity. It's not.
- OK, so she's not a manager and she was fired from her last job (or not, who knows?).
- The council is NOT voting with her.
- She came to office not knowing how to run a city council meeting, something she could have learned by watching the hundreds of videos of meetings that are online, and generally looks like a fool because she still hasn't bothered to learn.
- She started the last meeting saying, "Well, we have 72 people signed up to speak, would anyone like to limit the public comments to 3 minutes?" Mind you this is something that she and her mentor Howrylak have long criticized the previous mayor for doing. Of course she wanted to limit THESE people because she knew they were going to criticize her, but didn't have the guts to say she wanted to do it (no integrity). Then when no one on council came to her defense, she said merrily, "OK, I didn't want to limit them either." That's Managerial Excellence?
So, to sum it up.
Is she Transparent? No.
Does she have Integrity? No
Does she show Managerial Excellence? No.
It spells "time," all right.
Time for her to go.