Monday, August 8, 2011

Humility

A few weeks ago, I took Martin Howrylak to task. (Clicky)

In the interest of fairness, you should all know that I had also preceded those statements with a letter to the entire council about the antics that took place at the July 25th council meeting. If you haven't watched the playback, you should. There are few other examples that so epitomize the true character of some of the individuals who have been at play here in Troy during the whole library/millage ordeal.

You can view any past meeting at this city archive. (Click)

I said in my letter, and I quote, "I know you won't correct the record yourself, so I'll be taking care of that in all outlets I have available to me."

Previous to this incident, Mr. Howrylak has never once responded to any e-mail I've sent to him in any way. He has never commented to anything I've said at the council podium, nor has he indicated that he reads here. I had no reason to believe he would respond to my complaint with his error this time, either.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have been vindicated. Mr. Howrylak did indeed correct the record tonight during response to public comment. Not only did he reference me by name, but he reiterated my complaint, responded that he had incorrectly chastised me, and apologized for coming off too harshly.

I accept that apology, Mr. Howrylak. Thank you.

And I'm going to leave it at that for tonight...

1 comment:

  1. Just out of curiosity, if you are one of those in disagreement with this post, would you mind elaborating?

    I'm just scratching my head about what there is with which to disagree.

    ReplyDelete